Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11/13


Period 3:

FLASH FICTION and ROLE OF THE WRITER/LITERATURE ESSAY
Thursday the 15th I will collect your typed drafts of your flash fiction, as well as your final edits on your Role of the Writer/Role of Literature papers.  I know this is a lot of due dates at once, but if you have been keeping up and using your time in class well, it shouldn't be a big strain. If, on the other hand, you have been putting off your work on these two pieces then you are likely going to feel like you have a lot to do.You should also come with the first 15 pages of Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe, read with 6 annotations on sticky notes responding to the text. We will go over how to convert these into meaningful dialogue journal notes on Thursday. 

JOURNAL/SPIRAL CHECK
Additionally, I will be collecting your spirals to take with me over the break. In class I will have you mark three pieces from you spiral for me to read and respond to.  
Including September there should be 13 journal writes--I am giving you a 3 "Grace" writes so looking for a total of 10 entries amounting to at least half a page each, for full credit. This is nothing you should have to prepare for as it was all done in class.

SSR Calendars and Book Reviews will be collected after the break.

11/15
Flash Fiction piece typed
Role of the Writer/Literature. The order of the documents will be 
1. (on top) the highlighted 6 writing trait rubric  
2. the outline and paper criteria
3. handwritten draft
4. typed draft
5. peer edit sheet
6. final draft

I will show this to you in class, but if you want to know in advance, this is the order I want the work to be compiled.
Chapters 1-2 Things Fall Apart , six notes
Spirals turned in at the end of the period.

No comments:

Post a Comment